What did you do to pass time during the stay-at-home order? When the COVID-19 pandemic forced everyone to stay at home, 10-year old Stephanie made the most of her time by creating a coloring book and selling it online!
Stephanie has always loved arts and crafts. Channeling her love for art, Stephanie illustrated a coloring book for kids that she sells through her business, Ashwill Art Studio. This summer, Stephanie has made her first 100 sales and has expanded to selling journals as well as coloring books.
While some of her first sales were with friends and family, Stephanie has received orders nationwide. Based out of a small town in central Minnesota, Stephanie and her team have utilized social media, Amazon, Etsy and local connections and storefronts to sell her products. Local sales have increased as people are shopping more locally and enjoy boutique or “occasional sales” shopping in the Delano, Buffalo, Dassel, Annandale and Litchfield areas of Minnesota.
Important Lessons from a 10-Year Old
- You are never too young to start a business – It is easy to make the excuse that you are too young and inexperienced to start your own business. If 10-year-old Stephanie can do it, so can you!
- Make the most of the opportunities you are given – The COVID-19 pandemic ruined many plans and forced people to stay at home. Many people may have seen the COVID-19 pandemic as a negative event, but Stephanie took it as an opportunity. With all the extra time on her hands, Stephanie was able to create an impressive business.
- Capitalize on your talents and passions – If you have a talent or passion, use it! Stephanie’s passion of arts and crafts led her to creating a successful coloring book and journal business.
- Utilize digital tools for marketing and selling – There has never been a better time to reach an audience than now. With so many digital tools such as social media and Amazon at our fingertips, marketing and selling a product is possible for everyone.
Where Can I Buy a Coloring Book?
If you are interested in buying one of Stephanie’s coloring books or journals, you can purchase them online or in store.
- Online at:
- In store at:
- Simply Quimby in Dassel, MN
- Sweet Escape Treats & Co. in Annandale, MN
- Market 12 in Delano, MN
To stay updated on Ashwill Art Studio’s latest products and news, follow them on Instagram.